Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Love - My feelings

From my very childhood 'love' has been a part of life..love kept my parents awake through nights when i used to have fever, love use to make my sister lie to my parents to save me of expected punishments at home, love made my grandmother(s) sing songs and narrate stories to me and love made my friends cross the limits of their daring to come out and help me. Love has not spared anyone and I am no exception! Love has been the key factor behind most of the scenes where I did something out of chance or something unexpected.

Its very ironical and actually very surprising that one is not clear with the meaning of a word which he has been using for 22 years of his life. It would be rather more apt to say that I have understood the existence of love between relations connected with blood and love between friends. But, till now I have not understood the love which binds two different people or for that matter splits them apart. The love which has been a never ending  topic for many scholars. Volumes have been said and written but, my understanding about it is as blank as a white sheet. It just goes beyond my level of apprehension that how can two people who don't know each other suddenly start liking each other so much that nothing else matters in the whole World? Your 'love' becomes the whole and soul source of happiness, sorrow, joy and ecstasy! I have seen many people who are actually only concerned about their loved ones from dawn to dusk and many times this infection makes them forget their own goal for life. Their dreams which had once not allowed them to sleep for many nights, the dreams which had kindled a new ray of hope in their parents' lives all become so very unimportant. But my question is why? how is it possible?

For me there are many embodiments of love and the most respectable one is the love between a son and his mother. In my opinion it is the purest and the most unconditional form of love that could exist on the planet. I find the reflection of God in it. But, I have never seen this love becoming a weakness to the mother or child.  Many of us would agree when I say that mother is the role model for many of us and she inspires us to work hard and excel in our lives. It is seldom and at least I have never come across a situation where mother's love became a shackle for the child and he/she could not progress. I have never seen the love between siblings becoming weakness to anyone infact, I know many who derive strength from all these important relation. Then what is their in this new form of love, falling in which, most of them get unbalanced and diverted? Or is it really love? Love can never be weakening. There are many examples and to my surety many of the readers would surely agree of knowing at least 4-5 people whose progress graph has shown depression after they got in to this never ending vicious cycle. I know many youngsters who have lost the very aim of their lives and the only important thing left is their boy/girl. Even parents are now on the second priority and friends are probably not on the lsist only.

If love snatches the peace of mind by making us so possessive, insecure and jealous then its much better to not oto fall in such trap. Lovers get involved prematurely in planning their future as married couples but actully, these people blinded by love forget to make stairs to reach to their destination. Whenever I see someone doing something which even he/she doesn't like doing only pity for them comes to my mind. I may be saying this because I myself have never probably come across or been made a victim of such a deep love but this is my stand about love now. Love should always be strength and not a weakness to anyone. If its your weakness its nothing more than an emotional attachment or a mere infatuation. The only apt lines to conclude this that I could find is ' love is a gift that I am yet to receive and a true love can never make one weak. Watch out guys! do not spoil the hole future just for some temporary period - a lot depends on your future - if not much then at least your parents hope, expectations and dreams which they would have been dreaming for the they your mum would have conceived you. Love everyone but don't be a foolish and blind lover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment