It was with great efforts that I had adjusted myself to the absence of my friends suddenly after another semester break at DSI. It always seemed like someone had pressed a refresh button in my life..suddenly, I had to start anew in the same old environment. Actually, my life was towards the last stage of finishing a full circle. The journey had begun at Residences@DSI in September 2007 - room number 323 and had to end at the same place but in a different room - 336. I am sure,I would surely have been able to create some chunks of memories for all others around me. And, similarly, they indeed have created memories in my life...actually many! The number is surprising and alarming!! Or probably, it is due to the freshness of the separation??
Delhi has been ever welcoming and always a second home. It has always brought in lots of surprises and merry making in my life and so is this time. The excitement in didi's voice on a 'weekday', jijaji's plans for outing(s) and the twinkle in Sanchit's eyes! The first glimpse of each others faces rekindles and refreshes all childhood memories...the fights, the caring, the sharing, the scoldings, the conspiracies, the plans for parents b'days and anniversaries...almost everything gets played on the screen of memories. And this time all these are multiplied! After all I have finished my college...I am a free bird...and also that I have come after one long year! So this obviously calls for celebrations! So it happened - we cooked together, chatted day long, played, swam, fun - food - and frolic! From fine(st) dine to street foods...from imported Swiss Goat Cheese and Rose wine to Tunday kababs and Kulche...Cannaught place,GK, Atta Bazaar and don't know what not! simply awesome!! The excitement and eagerness in mum's voice and her never ending plans...truly, Indian moms are just incomparable!The days seem short and and the plans never ending.
But, the nights?! When I lay down to relax, automatically the switch gets turned on and again on the screen of memories the scenes start being played. But these memories are also deep, this fact surprises me! I was of an opinion that memories of a short time live short. I know it hasn't been long enough that time could start its work, still I never expected my heart to ache this strong due to these memories! The frequent flashes are of the first smile on Kushal's face when I had gifted him a Hanuman and made the first move from a 'senior' to a friend, the refreshing, relaxing and never ending jokes by Akash and the ever continuing debates with almost everyone and not to miss out his conversations with strangers, Amit's 'thoughtful' talks, Shubham's 'intelligent' discourses and discussions...his looks of a love drowned lover, Siddhant's 'always in a haste looks', his never ending stock of (sweet) edibles, a sincere younger brother, a listener, and the ever thoughtful Shaval's ideas of outings, his high pitched laughs and low pitched discussions, the intro sessions...I never thought while indulging in all these that I would so much get habituated to it that I would miss them! Discussions and exchange of thoughts and secrets with Topchen, leg pulling with Karan, the unmatched duo - Karan Kher and Mohit!(LOL) I also can't believe it that even now when I am about to start eating, I still get conscious that Sumeet would pop in from somewhere and accuse me of not calling him...I still get scared! I feel I have gone crazy when I find myself finding a place to sit and talk after dinner but I get sad when I don't find the BBC and people around me smiling and wishing and the six around me exchanging one - liners or many a times long thoughtful topics!Sometimes it seems that even Prem wouldn't have thoght about DSI as much as we have done! I never knew even when I was trying to be detached, I was always attached, I was always attached!
In Sanchit's b'day I was almost upto smashing a big piece of cake on his face when I suddenly realised that I was no more in a hostel and now I am supposed to behave differently. I asked myself 'if I miss the past so much, should I go to Bangalore than going home?" And, believe me the reply was SURPRISING!! I don't know what to do and how to tackle this but one thing is for sure...I have new residents in my heart! Unknowingly but noticeably, there are new sources of memories and these memories are not of few pages like Kota though my time of living is same...these are big volumes of a small chapter but rather a sweet one which like a candy I would constantly lick until I get a new one. These flash - backs also take me to older memories and make the urge of meeting my buddies for decades and years even stronger. I also get concerned about the expectation of my parents from my visit but am sure they understand and they will pull me out of this nostalgia! Well, what else to say than
कल रहे या न रहे पल
पल याद आएंगे ये पल....
पल...ये हैं प्यार के पल
चल...आ मेरे संग चल....
चल...सोचे क्या छोटी सी है ज़िन्दगी...
कल...मिल जाये तो होगी खुशनसीबी....हम..रहे या न रहे याद आएंगे ये पल...
P.S: Another surprise! The world around me is asleep and I am staring nothing and my eyes are moist and something is pinching my heart but surely, it is not a heart attack!! lol!
Delhi has been ever welcoming and always a second home. It has always brought in lots of surprises and merry making in my life and so is this time. The excitement in didi's voice on a 'weekday', jijaji's plans for outing(s) and the twinkle in Sanchit's eyes! The first glimpse of each others faces rekindles and refreshes all childhood memories...the fights, the caring, the sharing, the scoldings, the conspiracies, the plans for parents b'days and anniversaries...almost everything gets played on the screen of memories. And this time all these are multiplied! After all I have finished my college...I am a free bird...and also that I have come after one long year! So this obviously calls for celebrations! So it happened - we cooked together, chatted day long, played, swam, fun - food - and frolic! From fine(st) dine to street foods...from imported Swiss Goat Cheese and Rose wine to Tunday kababs and Kulche...Cannaught place,GK, Atta Bazaar and don't know what not! simply awesome!! The excitement and eagerness in mum's voice and her never ending plans...truly, Indian moms are just incomparable!The days seem short and and the plans never ending.
But, the nights?! When I lay down to relax, automatically the switch gets turned on and again on the screen of memories the scenes start being played. But these memories are also deep, this fact surprises me! I was of an opinion that memories of a short time live short. I know it hasn't been long enough that time could start its work, still I never expected my heart to ache this strong due to these memories! The frequent flashes are of the first smile on Kushal's face when I had gifted him a Hanuman and made the first move from a 'senior' to a friend, the refreshing, relaxing and never ending jokes by Akash and the ever continuing debates with almost everyone and not to miss out his conversations with strangers, Amit's 'thoughtful' talks, Shubham's 'intelligent' discourses and discussions...his looks of a love drowned lover, Siddhant's 'always in a haste looks', his never ending stock of (sweet) edibles, a sincere younger brother, a listener, and the ever thoughtful Shaval's ideas of outings, his high pitched laughs and low pitched discussions, the intro sessions...I never thought while indulging in all these that I would so much get habituated to it that I would miss them! Discussions and exchange of thoughts and secrets with Topchen, leg pulling with Karan, the unmatched duo - Karan Kher and Mohit!(LOL) I also can't believe it that even now when I am about to start eating, I still get conscious that Sumeet would pop in from somewhere and accuse me of not calling him...I still get scared! I feel I have gone crazy when I find myself finding a place to sit and talk after dinner but I get sad when I don't find the BBC and people around me smiling and wishing and the six around me exchanging one - liners or many a times long thoughtful topics!Sometimes it seems that even Prem wouldn't have thoght about DSI as much as we have done! I never knew even when I was trying to be detached, I was always attached, I was always attached!
In Sanchit's b'day I was almost upto smashing a big piece of cake on his face when I suddenly realised that I was no more in a hostel and now I am supposed to behave differently. I asked myself 'if I miss the past so much, should I go to Bangalore than going home?" And, believe me the reply was SURPRISING!! I don't know what to do and how to tackle this but one thing is for sure...I have new residents in my heart! Unknowingly but noticeably, there are new sources of memories and these memories are not of few pages like Kota though my time of living is same...these are big volumes of a small chapter but rather a sweet one which like a candy I would constantly lick until I get a new one. These flash - backs also take me to older memories and make the urge of meeting my buddies for decades and years even stronger. I also get concerned about the expectation of my parents from my visit but am sure they understand and they will pull me out of this nostalgia! Well, what else to say than
कल रहे या न रहे पल
पल याद आएंगे ये पल....
पल...ये हैं प्यार के पल
चल...आ मेरे संग चल....
चल...सोचे क्या छोटी सी है ज़िन्दगी...
कल...मिल जाये तो होगी खुशनसीबी....हम..रहे या न रहे याद आएंगे ये पल...
P.S: Another surprise! The world around me is asleep and I am staring nothing and my eyes are moist and something is pinching my heart but surely, it is not a heart attack!! lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment