Saturday, December 3, 2011
Free Hugs??
A simple gesture may sometimes have a great effect on a person. One such gesture which has made me feel its importance in my life is a HUG. Not very long ago, a hug used to be an exaggerated show of emotions mostly done to keep up with the 'westernization' of our society. For me, that time, a Hug was something which I would never exchange with anyone however close to me. Some parts of my memory also suggest that this gesture had an image of a source of physical pleasure specially in the case of love smitten couples.
However, today my thoughts about 'hug' today are very different. I still can very well feel, when the first time my mom gave me a brief hug at the station when I was coming back from Kota. Living in that hell of a place for 9 months had installed in me a feeling that nobody in my family liked me because I was not as bright as my peers in academics. On my way back to Patna I was expecting a rather cold welcome and showers of questions related to my preparations for the upcoming exams and other more 'Earthly' topics awaiting my arrival. I expected a load of even bigger expectations and demands being thrusted upon me. I was not very happy to go back home for a 4 months stay. I made it a point to have the maximum fun on my way back as a compensation of the upcoming torturous days. With hesitant feet and heavy heart I alighted from my boogie. Unexpectedly, both my parents were waiting on the station to welcome their son. Something unexpected happened! My mum grabbed me and encircled me in her arms. She hugged me probably for the second time in my senses, the first one being at the time when didi left for her 'new home' after her marriage. I just cannot describe the feeling. I do not have any words to express the magic that happened. During the time mum was hugging me. I was busy analyzing everyone else's reactions and was also upto some extend embarrassed. But, something had happened. All my tension, the flow of Adrenaline, the defensive front made of arrogance had already been destroyed without even one word being spoken. After some 2 years, I felt good! I was at peace.
The second incidence of exchange of the 'unpleasant gesture' which has an impact on my memory is when for the first time in my college while going to our homes, Ashish and me hugged each other. Well, to be frank, this hug, at least from my side was to look cool, trendy and modern. After 6 months of fun, fights, quarrels, disagreements, arguments and many more things, it was time to disperse for a short interval. The friendship was not very intense and hence the fear of losing touch was not at all there! But, as we hugged a warm hug, the emotions that I had attached with this relation in my life got automatic up gradation. As if I had just finished one level of a game to reach another level! This hug, was of understanding and mutual feelings for another. When I thought about it, this was again a magic.
The third and final turning point of my attitude towards Hug was when I hugged my girlfriend for the first time. I remember the hesitation, the haste, the nervousness involved. But, compared to all the previous ones, this was the prolonged one. This time also,the effects were positive. The love for each other grew in our relation after that exchange of emotions. Three incidences and similar experiences forced me to rethink about my thoughts about the Hug. Finally, I did change my mind! And today, Hug for me is a very important method of letting the flow of emotions happen between two people. I have a sense of deep respect for this gesture now.
When you Hug someone, let it be a warm and a considerably long one. Let the person get the feel of your emotions for you. Let the hearts connect through the feel of each other. Only if you think you can manage to show all these emotions, extend a hug to someone else, do away with just a handshake, because a Hug cannot be faked. For those who love you and care for you, your Hug speaks volumes about your mental status. Well, for me it has been ironical. Situations have taken such a turn that once that I used to get conscious about a Hug getting long, today, I so much long for a hug! Absence of people, whose Hug could give me a place to hide my face, stop faking my emotions and being realistic, letting my emotions flow and that too at once has made me a person who slips often into publically displaying his emotions. Something which always kept me away from exchanging Hugs more often. Today, I need that one Hug which could be a relief to my tired soul. I just so much want to be Hugged!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment